ESHB 2306 was referred to Senate Ways and Means on 2/17/14. The hearing is 2/27/14 at 3:30.
Let the committee know you support. Email works just fine for this communication.
Here is the contact information for the committee:
Andy Hill email@example.com
Michael Baumgartner Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Honeyford email@example.com
Jim Hargrove jim.Hargrove@leg.wa.gov
Karen Keiser Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Ranker email@example.com
Barbara Bailey Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org
Randi Becker Randi.email@example.com
Andy Billig firstname.lastname@example.org
John Braun email@example.com
Steve Conway steve.Conway@leg.wa.gov
Bruce Dammeier firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Fraser Karen.email@example.com
David Frockt firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Hasegawa email@example.com
Brian Hatfield firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Hewitt email@example.com
Jeanne Kohl-Welles Jeanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Padden email@example.com
Linda Evans-Parlette firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Rivers email@example.com
Mark Schoesler firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodney Tom Rodney.email@example.com
Lastly, as always, it is most important to:
1. If you belong to an organization, please ask them to support.
2. Please contact your legislators. If you don’t know your district, check here.
Tell them this is important to you and the community.
3. Ask your farmers markets to support. Draw connections.
4. Please contact your county commissioners and county executive. They all support farmland preservation. This is a wonderful way to preserve farmland and keep small farmers working the land. Ask for their support. You can tell them this is a sound investment. It keeps farmers on their land, farming the land, producing agricultural products for their communities. Small farmers are the emerging trend in the local farm economy. We need to modernize the tax code to reflect this.
5. Share this webpage https://weneedsmallfarms.wordpress.com/ with your friends. Forward to farmers you know, grocers, restaurants, local papers.