ESHB 2306 was referred to Senate Ways and Means on 2/17/14. The hearing is 2/27/14 at 3:30.
Let the committee know you support. Email works just fine for this communication.
Here is the contact information for the committee:
Andy Hill firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Baumgartner Michael.email@example.com
Jim Honeyford firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Hargrove jim.Hargrove@leg.wa.gov
Karen Keiser Karen.email@example.com
Kevin Ranker firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Bailey Barbara.email@example.com
Randi Becker Randi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Billig email@example.com
John Braun firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Conway steve.Conway@leg.wa.gov
Bruce Dammeier email@example.com
Karen Fraser Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
David Frockt email@example.com
Bob Hasegawa firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Hatfield email@example.com
Mike Hewitt firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanne Kohl-Welles Jeanne.email@example.com
Mike Padden firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Evans-Parlette email@example.com
Ann Rivers firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Schoesler email@example.com
Rodney Tom Rodney.firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, as always, it is most important to:
1. If you belong to an organization, please ask them to support.
2. Please contact your legislators. If you don’t know your district, check here.
Tell them this is important to you and the community.
3. Ask your farmers markets to support. Draw connections.
4. Please contact your county commissioners and county executive. They all support farmland preservation. This is a wonderful way to preserve farmland and keep small farmers working the land. Ask for their support. You can tell them this is a sound investment. It keeps farmers on their land, farming the land, producing agricultural products for their communities. Small farmers are the emerging trend in the local farm economy. We need to modernize the tax code to reflect this.
5. Share this webpage https://weneedsmallfarms.wordpress.com/ with your friends. Forward to farmers you know, grocers, restaurants, local papers.