April 18th the bill passed off the floor of the House, and is now in the Senate.
We need a hearing in Senate Ways and Means. Senator Andy Hill is the Chair of Senate Ways and Means. Please email Senator Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a hearing in Ways and Means.
Email the Thurston County delegation and let them know this is an important step and good for Thurston County. Ask them to talk to Senator Andy Hill and get the bill scheduled for a hearing in Senate Ways and Means.
Email all of the members of Senate Ways and Means asking them to support the bill.
Their names and email addresses:
As always, it is most important to:
1. If you belong to an organization, please ask them to support.
2. Please contact your legislators. If you don’t know your district, check here.
Tell them this is important to you and the community.
3. Ask your farmers markets to support. Draw connections.
4. Please contact your county commissioners and county executive. They all support farmland preservation. This is a wonderful way to preserve farmland and keep small farmers working the land. Ask for their support. You can tell them this is a sound investment. It keeps farmers on their land, farming the land, producing agricultural products for their communities. Small farmers are the emerging trend in the local farm economy. We need to modernize the tax code to reflect this.
5. Share this webpage http://weneedsmallfarms.wordpress.com/ with your friends. Forward to farmers you know, grocers, restaurants, local papers.